The 2013 NVHG Scholarship Program
2013 will be the 32nd consectuive year the Northern Virginia Handcrafters Guild has awarded scholarships to students graduating from Northern Virginia Schools. We will award at least one $1,400 tuition scholarship. A second tuition scholarship for $700 may be awareded if the committee finds a worthy candidate.
The Guild invites applications from all qualified students who intend to pursue studies in the fields of craft or visual arts, and who have a desire for a profession in the arts.
General requirements for qualification are:
- 2013 high school graduate or current college student
- Northern Virginia resident (including Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County and Stafford County)
- Interest and deomnstrable talent in a craft or art
- Evidence of reasonable chance of success in the applicants' planned program of studies
- Financial need (considered during final selection process
Guild Scholarships may be used for students majoring in craft or art at colleges, universities or established craft and art schools.
In addition to fine art, examples of crafts to be considered are:
- Metal smithing, including jewelry and forged ornamental metal work
- Fiber crafts, including weaving, batiking, dress/costume design
- Glass arts, including fused, stained, and blown glass
- Woodworking, including fine cabinetry, carving, furniture design
For a descriptive brochure of the 2013 NVHG Scholarship program, click here.
For the 2013 NVHG Scholarship Application, click here.
Submitted application with all supporting materials must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2013.